[FFmpeg-devel] PATCH watermark + RGB32 input format stream

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue May 6 00:23:33 CEST 2008

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 11:26:24PM +0200, Marcus Engene wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > vhook is deprecated, i will not review patches to it except moving the
> > filters to avfilter.
> > and this is full of cosmetics
> >
> > [...]
> >
> If I watermark a file with a codec that needs it's old frames, watermark
> sometimes act up. Like with the animation codec that might only
> partially update the next frame. Are there such issues with the avfilter
> too? Or is one free to poke around without the decoder being confused?

I suggest you read the source of avfilter.
A filter can request a writeable RGB32 buffer if it wants. The filter core
will ensure that the filter gets exactly that then, if the previous filters
output is not compatble with that then the core will do whatever copy and
convertion is needed.

Ive no interrest in hacking around on vhook or reviewing patches working
around its limitations ...

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad
people will find a way around the laws. -- Plato