[FFmpeg-devel] Reduce the size of AVRtpPayloadTypes

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Thu Mar 27 13:01:19 CET 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 11:34:59AM -0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

> Luca Abeni wrote:
>
> > Since I am touching such table, I also changed "const char enc_name[50];"
> > to "const char *enc_name;" (I believe this change is ok, and it removes
> > the arbitrary "50" size). I'll commit this change separately.
>
> This changes the type from array to pointer.  This will change the result
> of sizeof, but should otherwise be safe.

But if reducing size is the goal, changing it to enc_name[6] would be
more effective, especially on 64 bit systems (probably no relevant
difference on 32 bit systems though, except maybe better cache
utilization which I doubt is relevant here).