[FFmpeg-devel] GOM Player on the Blacklisted Projects

Francois Oligny-Lemieux eucloid
Tue Mar 25 18:38:22 CET 2008

Hi,

I have one question that you can find inline:

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 4:06 AM, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 04:22:43PM +0900, ??? Ethan Park wrote:

Are you sure he's required to go that precise. My understanding is of
GPL/LGPL is that he's just required to show the modification date on the
specific file(s) modified. To contribute back to the community with the
diffed changes is optional and often on ffmpeg-devl mailing list when
someone send its diff saying it's to comply with GPL, one of you respond
that he's out in the field and that the license never compels him to do
that.

Let me know cause these matters interest me.

> > Our next release will be shipped with the changes made today, and the
> > source code will be uploaded to our server shortly.
>
> Let us know when you do this.
>
> Diego

Francois