[FFmpeg-devel] Six-, eight-core-CPU

Lars Täuber lars.taeuber
Wed Mar 19 19:45:27 CET 2008

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:09:16 +0100 Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> > John Zupfel said:
> > >
> > > with news out like "xyz announces 6-core-cpu", "8-core
> > > later this year" do you think ffmpeg should do
> > > something about that?
[...]
> Or donating some, this is becoming an FAQ.
>
> Diego

Gotcha!

OK, now it's my turn. You won't guess it!
I'd like to make a hardware donation for Snow 1.0.
I think you prefer 19" machines. I prefer AMD based boards.

Depending on the expenses my donation could be a small multicore box with or without some RAM and HDD. If the other in Snow 1.0 interested still want to donate this could become worthy devel engine.

Let's see how worth this is for you developers.

Lars