[FFmpeg-devel] Bug with ffmpeg? Clipping/poor audio in converted sound (Nellymoser to MP3)

Benjamin Larsson banan
Tue Mar 4 09:17:10 CET 2008

Mel Brand wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've run into some issues with ffmpeg clipping audio when converting
> from Nellymoser flv file.
>
> I have the audio files here so you can test (audio recorded by my
> husband with Red5 through his laptop's mic):
>
> http://s95272564.onlinehome.us/nellymoser-test.flv
> http://s95272564.onlinehome.us/ffmpeg-test.mp3
>
> I'm using the latest ffmpeg, compiled from svn along with libmp3lame.
>
> Command I used is this:
>
> ffmpeg -i nellymoser-test.flv -acodec libmp3lame ffmpeg-test.mp3
>
> Take a listen please... why does MP3 sound so much worse? Is there
> anything i can do to improve the conversion process?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Melissa

Wrong mailing list but try changing the encode frequency to 11025 with
-r 11025. 8kHz mp3 encoding mode seems to cause troubles sometimes.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson