[FFmpeg-devel] Google Summer of Code 2008

Marco Gerards mgerards
Tue Mar 4 00:17:33 CET 2008

Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> writes:

> Benjamin Larsson wrote:
>>> What about Dirac encoding/decoding as a project?
>>>
>>> Ronald
>>>
>> We did that last year.
>
> Granted, the code still is not in SVN. But it was a Herculean effort,
> nonetheless.

Sorry, I am to blame for not finishing this yet.  Before Christmas I
have updated the code to the spec of that date.  Unfortunately there
were some regressions so the decoder output does not match that of the
reference implementation.  It's not a hard, but a very frustrating job
to fix this.

Furthermore, Dirac should be updated to the current specification (the
final version was recently released) and the low delay syntax should
be added so the decoder is compatible with VC-2.  It is not that much
work, it just has to be done.  At the moment I am working on my master
thesis, so I won't have much time during the next two months.  At the
moment it is hard to say something about the near future.

Anyways, I do not want to let this code rot.  I put a lot of effort in
this and I want to pick it up again, when time permits.  Feel free to
contacting me when you have any questions about my code.  Don't worry
about this being a wasted effort, I do not intend to let this happen
:-)

Sorry this semi off-topic post :-)

--
Marco