[FFmpeg-devel] gcc -rdynamic flag not supported, yet configure keeps propogating

Víctor Paesa wzrlpy
Sun Jun 29 23:24:49 CEST 2008

Hi,

Diego Biurrun said:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 06:02:37PM -0400, Ben Taylor wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:35 AM, compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
>> with some patches to configure for Solaris, and I see this check for
>> "-rdynamic" fail (gcc emits "gcc: unrecognized option `-rdynamic')
>> The log is below.
>> >
>> > i ran into this problem yesterday on ppc osx
>> > cami:/ compn$ gcc -rdynamic
>> > powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.0: unrecognized option `-rdynamic'
>> cami:/ compn$ gcc-3.3 -rdynamic
>> > gcc-3.3: unrecognized option `-rdynamic'
>> >
>> > i remember a few years ago that cygwin gcc did not have -rdynamic as
>> well.

Right, even gcc 4.2.3 does not recognize -rdynamic on Cygwin.

>> Seems like it would be simpler to not run the test on Solaris and
>> ppc/osx instead of trying to write a fix to check_ld to realize that
>> -rdynamic is not supported?
>>
>> Sound reasonable?
>
> No, that would be non-portable.  -rdynamic might well be supported in
> the future...

Hmm, actually, the docs suggest -rdynamic is an ELFism.
Does anybody know of a non-ELF platform where it is honored?

Regards,
V?ctor