[FFmpeg-devel] Undefined reference to `av_free' when compiling GRASS GIS

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik
Fri Jun 13 10:09:58 CEST 2008

On Friday, 13 June 2008 at 09:33, marco.pasetti at alice.it wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I built latest SVN snapshot of FFMPEG on MSYS/MinGW.
> Here you can find detailed information on how I built it: http://www.webalice.it/marco.pasetti/temp/grass_wip/BuildFromSource.html#FFMPEG <mhtml:{3D082A7C-9377-4D29-A786-C4244C3CD99B}mid://00000103/!x-usc:http://www.webalice.it/marco.pasetti/temp/grass_wip/BuildFromSource.html#FFMPEG>
>
> Then, when I build GRASS with FFMPEG support I get the following error:
>
> undefined reference to `av_free'
>
> all the flags to FFMPEG libraries have been correctly set. Where could be the problem?

First, you're writing to the wrong mailing list. This is the list about
development OF FFmpeg. What you want is to ask on the list about FFmpeg
usage, i.e. ffmpeg-user list. See
http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/mailinglists.html

Regards,
R.