[FFmpeg-devel] Undefined reference to `av_free' when compiling GRASS GIS

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Fri Jun 13 10:09:54 CEST 2008

On date Friday 2008-06-13 09:33:24 +0200, marco.pasetti at alice.it encoded:
> Hi list,
>
> I built latest SVN snapshot of FFMPEG on MSYS/MinGW.  Here you can
> find detailed information on how I built it:
> http://www.webalice.it/marco.pasetti/temp/grass_wip/BuildFromSource.html#FFMPEG
> <mhtml:{3D082A7C-9377-4D29-A786-C4244C3CD99B}mid://00000103/!x-usc:http://www.webalice.it/marco.pasetti/temp/grass_wip/BuildFromSource.html#FFMPEG>
>
> Then, when I build GRASS with FFMPEG support I get the following error:
>
> undefined reference to `av_free'
>
> all the flags to FFMPEG libraries have been correctly set. Where could be the problem?
>
> Many thanks,

Hi, repost this question to libav-user or ffmpeg-user, where it
belongs.

Also I think the problem could depend on the recent hacks on the
ffmpeg pkg-config system (try to add explicitely in the command which
fails: -lavutil).

Ciao.
--
FFmpeg = Furious Foolish MultiPurpose EnGine