[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] ffmpeg.c refactoring

Ralf Terdic contact
Wed Jun 11 10:17:10 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 11 June 2008 09:16:59 Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> I thought a lot about this, I think the way to go is to implement an
> FFmpegContext which would be filled by the CLI option parsing

Exactly. That FFmpegContext could be a struct containing those global
variables in ffmpeg.c (I'm working on that already). The problem is, going
from global to local variables affects most of the code in this file. Such a
patch would surely be rejected if the reviewer doesn't fully understand why
you're doing it in the first place.

Ralf