[FFmpeg-devel] Codec IDs for AC3/DTS variants (Was: Re: [RFC] additinaldesc_type for dtshd mpeg-ts demuxer)

Justin Ruggles justinruggles
Tue Jun 10 23:19:16 CEST 2008

elupus wrote:
> the
>> Not sure what you mean by AC3+.  Is that the Bluray mixed AC3 and E-AC3?
>>  Either way, to FFmpeg it's all just AC3.
>
> Forgot to answer your question. E-AC3, DD+, AC3+ is all the same thing. So as
> said in othermail, it's not backword compatible.

In that case, it will be decodable by FFmpeg's AC3/E-AC3 decoder.  It is
not currently, but it won't be too much longer now.

It does not need a new codec id.

-Justin