[FFmpeg-devel] Codec IDs for AC3/DTS variants (Was: Re: [RFC] additinaldesc_type for dtshd mpeg-ts demuxer)

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Jun 10 16:23:03 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 09:36:33AM +0200, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> Andreas ?man wrote:
> > Benjamin Larsson wrote:

> >> Don't forget mpeg audio over spdif. Btw we have figured out how to send
> >> wmapro over spdif if you are interested.
> >>

> > Btw, does anyone know how to send AAC over SPDIF? I think i've seen
> > AV receivers that claim to support it at least.
> >
> > Perhaps we should add a output muxer format "IEC958" that generates
> > SPDIF output, I've been thinking about that previously..
> >

> I'm not sure that will work. Wmapro needs/can use parameters from the
> asf container and the packets need to be split into frames. So in that
> case it would be better if the decoder could get a spdif generation
> function.

a solution with a muxer or bitstream filter would be much cleaner ...

The misfortune of the wise is better than the prosperity of the fool.
-- Epicurus