[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] additinal desc_type for dtshd mpeg-ts demuxer

madshi dear
Mon Jun 9 17:28:04 CEST 2008

elupus schrieb:
>> Nope, only some of the additions are marked by "HDMV".
>> E.g. TrueHD tracks have an "AC-3" registration descriptor
>> and no "HDMV". So when using your logic ffmpeg would
>> not be able to handle Blu-Ray TrueHD tracks properly.
>>

> Right, so my original patch would not find those. Do you happen to know what
> types are marked by HDMV?

No, don't know that from the top of my head. Personally,
in my software I'm primarily looking at the stream type IDs.
Only if there's doubt about those I'm looking at the
registration descriptors. That works very well for all the
correct and incorrect samples I've seen yet.

If you want to know the registration descriptors and if you
have a Blu-Ray sample with all the formats in them, you
can do "eac3to some.m2ts -logPids". That will list the
registration descriptors of all streams.

Regards, madshi.