[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] additinal desc_type for dtshd mpeg-ts demuxer

elupus elupus
Mon Jun 9 01:55:43 CEST 2008

Hi,

Was playing around with a blueray mpegts file, and noticed that lavf wasn't
detecting the audio stream in it. Turns out the desc_type for this dts
track was 0x86. After some looking about, I found highly non offical list
of desc_types in a software called TsRemux
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=125447

VIDEO_STREAM_MPEG1 = 0x01,
VIDEO_STREAM_MPEG2 = 0x02,
AUDIO_STREAM_MPEG1 = 0x03, // all layers including mp3
AUDIO_STREAM_MPEG2 = 0x04,
VIDEO_STREAM_H264 = 0x1b,
AUDIO_STREAM_LPCM = 0x80,
AUDIO_STREAM_AC3 = 0x81,
AUDIO_STREAM_DTS = 0x82,
-> AUDIO_STREAM_AC3_TRUE_HD = 0x83,
-> AUDIO_STREAM_AC3_PLUS = 0x84,
-> AUDIO_STREAM_DTS_HD = 0x85,
-> AUDIO_STREAM_DTS_HD_MASTER_AUDIO = 0x86,
PRESENTATION_GRAPHICS_STREAM = 0x90,
INTERACTIVE_GRAPHICS_STREAM = 0x91,
SUBTITLE_STREAM = 0x92,
SECONDARY_AUDIO_AC3_PLUS = 0xa1,
SECONDARY_AUDIO_DTS_HD = 0xa2,
VIDEO_STREAM_VC1 = 0xea

I highlighted the interesting ones. Oddly is not listing 0x8a as a dts
track which lavf's demuxer does. Would a patch be accepted adding the
desc_types not in lavf currently, under the same hdmv check?

I can't see that it would break any existing file by adding these types,
and i think it's more likely to get bug reports on missdetected audio
streams instead of not seeing any stream all. I know there is some poeple
wanting to replace the mpegts demuxer, but untill then...

Don't bother commenting on cosmetics on the attached patch, it was just a
quick and dirty test to fix the sample i found.

Joakim

Joakim