[FFmpeg-devel] [mingw] can no longer produce lib for shared

Ramiro Polla ramiro
Fri Jun 6 23:34:00 CEST 2008

Tom Harper wrote:
> Regarding previous issue- apologies, not a bug, just a mingw32
> environment change, which I will summarize for any one else who has to
> deal with it:

You have been told this message doesn't belong on this mailinglist. If
you need to reply to it, please bring it to the ffmpeg-user mailinglist.

> The build system on mingw changed at some point between 4/11/2008 and
> 6/5/2008- mingw32-make is required instead of the default make,

Last time I tried (not too long ago, and there haven't been new
releases), mingw32 make didn't work. There's even a note on the
documentation about this.

Note to Diego: the online documentation doesn't even have r12905. How
often is it updated?

> and the
> build system now uses the lib.exe command.
>
> Adding to the path the vc++ lib and dll directories:
> /c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/bin
> /c/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/Common7
>
> for vs2008 cured all ills...

This is confusing. First you said there was a problem with .a files, but
with shared libraries...?

Besides the thing about lib's path is also in the documentation.

Ramiro Polla