[FFmpeg-devel] Once again: Multithreaded H.264 decoding with ffmpeg?

Siegmar Buss lists
Mon Jun 2 20:01:55 CEST 2008

Alexander Strange wrote:
> On May 30, 2008, at 1:52 AM, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
>
> the rest might be a bit better. I'd guess fill_caches and the loop
> filter are more important now; if you want to look at those, it would
> be great, but make sure you're good at assembly first.

If "you" means "me", I have to disappoint you. My assembler knowledge is
almost zero. In the good old days I was able to code some Motorola 68K
assembler, but that's it!

> (I have some patches in my head that will improve
> decode_cabac_residual, but you'd like me to do frame multithreading
> first, right?)

YES please! Make it multithreaded!

Best regards,
   Siegmar