[FFmpeg-devel] Another H.264 decoding image corruption issue

Paul Kendall paul
Fri Jul 25 09:04:05 CEST 2008

On Friday 25 July 2008 17:02:18 Craig Whitmore wrote:
> > > into the clip "H264_artifacts_motion.h264"
>
> How can I get a copy of this file. Maybe its the same issue why mplayer
> doesn't plays the New Zealand DVB-T streams  correctly ? (lots of
> blockyness) (they look better with -vf pp=fd but really hides the
> problem does fix it)
>
> (samples @ http://www.testmyspeed.co.nz/tests/  (the
> c4-1.ts,test-3.ts,tv3-2.ts shows the problem  well)
>
> (most of the other files have problems with the LATM Encoded AAC Sound
> which another NZer has written a "fix" for.

That would be me!

I have been keeping a close eye on the changes Michael has been doing recently
(thankyou for all your effort Michael). I have updated my MythTV patches
every night in the hopes that the interlacing problem is fixed, but to no
avail yet.

Michael,
I have been reading the ITU H264 spec and going through the code at the same
time and I think the part that needs fixing (from the FIXME in h264.c line
995) is the colocated block calculation which is from section 8.4.1.2.1 when
field_pic_flag is 1. Am I on the right track with my thinking? If so, I am
still hunting for the section of code where the calculation needs to take
place. Can you help me with this, please?

Another thing that may be helpful for others reading the code is comments with
specification section numbers! Perhaps as I start to understand it I will
create a patch with comments which contains section numbers.

Cheers,
Paul