[FFmpeg-devel] pixel format convertion yuv422p->yuv420p->yuv411p->yuv422p degrade picture

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Jul 18 00:04:40 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 02:18:01PM +0300, Maksym Veremeyenko wrote:
> Ivo ???????(??):
>> On Wednesday 16 July 2008 16:01, Maksym Veremeyenko wrote:
>>> Ivo ???????(??):
>>> my all tests was done with binaries compiled with --enable-swscale :
>>>
> [...]
>> Ok, looks like it's only swscale that shows this problem. What happens if
>> you enable accurate_rnd or disable mmx, mmx2, 3dnow, et cetera
>
> if i add option
>     -sws_flags accurate_rnd

This is invalid, its
-sws_flags +accurate_rnd

or
-sws_flags accurate_rnd+bicubic

otherwise you would tell sws to use "" as scaler algorithm and do it
accurately, no surprise that this fails catastrophically

ive change swscale to fail in case of such easy missuses

Frequently ignored awnser#1 FFmpeg bugs should be sent to our bugtracker. User
questions about the command line tools should be sent to the ffmpeg-user ML.
And questions about how to use libav* should be sent to the libav-user ML.