[FFmpeg-devel] pixel format convertion yuv422p->yuv420p->yuv411p->yuv422p degrade picture

Maksym Veremeyenko verem
Wed Jul 16 13:18:51 CEST 2008

Siarhei Siamashka ???????(??):
[...]
> BTW, I just tried your script on "uniform white", "gray gradient" and "some
> random picture from my collection" images. The problem is not reproducible for
> me (the difference between first and last images from the sequence is not
> visible at all). Is there anything special in your setup? Anyway, now I doubt
> that it is the effect of rounding. More likely something may be screwed up
> and you get uninitialized zero bytes in the chroma data. Can you try building
> FFmpeg without any assembly optimizations and rerun the test?

I did new tests against SVN-r12665 win32 build that i have this moment.

Results are:

*yuv422p-yuv411p.png* (30 iterations):

     +-->yuv422p->yuv420-->+

*yuv422p-yuv420p.png* (50 iteartions) :