[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC/PATCH] More flexible variafloat_to_int16 , WMA optimization, Vorbis

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka
Tue Jul 15 17:25:19 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Loren Merritt <lorenm at u.washington.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
>> May i suggest an array of src pointers instead of stride?
>> Reason is, if we want to use this function in the future in a generic
>> converter stride will not be enough because we likely will have a
>> array of source pointers from the user.
>> Besides it would allow reordering channels.
>
> done. (wma part breaks with c version, since it doesn't use [384,386] bias
> yet)

You can probably add an (ugly) check if 'float_to_int16_interleave' is
set to a C implementation and use old lrintf based code in this case.
That's not much different from how this difference is detected in
other decoders which do support [384,386] bias.