[FFmpeg-devel] Searching for a ffmpeg BCLO (bastard chief legal officer)

Benjamin Larsson banan
Thu Jan 31 16:33:19 CET 2008

Mike Melanson wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
>> What makes you think it uses ffmpeg? If you have solid evidence that it does
>>

> See if it can play FILM/CPK, RoQ, or any other the other dozens of
> obscure formats that FFmpeg can handle. That usually provides pretty
> good evidence, especially if the same bugs are present. :)
>
> That actually provides some reasoning for not endeavoring to fix certain
> ultra-obscure bugs in some of the lesser used modules.

Hmm, why don't we implement some built in debug test mode that could be
used to test if something uses ffmpeg ?
Like playing some crafted file would displaying a built in message in
the output buffer.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson