[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Runtime-inited versus Hardcoded tables.

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Thu Jan 31 14:34:15 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 14:34 +0200, Kostya wrote:
> And the real problem are vector codebooks (like in monster dcadata.h).

It would be possible to trim the code size by hundreds of kB too.
Currently gcc 4.3 generates a 576268 bytes for motion_est.o alone on
x86. I think it would be possible to shrink that by at least half
without much speed loss (yes the cmp function can be optimized
differently depending on parameters, but I very much doubt it's
justified to have 136 different versions of it).