[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Runtime-inited versus Hardcoded tables.

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Thu Jan 31 09:51:24 CET 2008

Hello,
On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 02:12:23AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> $free -m
> Mem:           181        177          3          0          0         49
> -/+ buffers/cache:        127         53
> Swap:          980        357        622
>
> And which OSs dont support COW?

What does COW even matter here? This is about .rodata, with the right
linker hacks that can even be shared on MMU-less systems.
And even the experimental OS I wrote during my time as a student,
despite not getting further than running a very basic shell without a
proper filesystem supported COW...