[FFmpeg-devel] How to handle compiler warnings

Mike Melanson mike
Wed Jan 30 16:21:22 CET 2008

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> You can always add a comment at the top of the file saying that the x
> number of warnings that get printed are harmless.

Still, it's extremely useful to keep the number of warnings to a
minimum, preferably 0. I've lost track of the number of times I have
completely missed a very important warning that would have clued me into
an actual problem I was trying to debug, all because the warning got
lost in a sea of other warnings that were known to occur and be "harmless".

They detract from the signal to noise ratio in debuggin.

--
	-Mike Melanson