[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] replace some static with asm_visibility or so

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Jan 28 21:01:58 CET 2008

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 06:57:16PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:

> >> There was no reason to believe that I would commit anything to FFmpeg,
> >> and so no reason to "preempt" anything.
> >
> > Well you ignore the mplayer policy, an unanimous request by the other
> > developers and so on. Thats evidence enough that you do whatever you like.

> > Iam sure you would commit to ffmpeg if you could and saw some chance that
> > you would get away with it.
>
> Could you please refrain from making such speculative statements?

Uoti made the speculative statement that there are no reasons. I just explained
my reasons.
Maybe i could have said it using different words, like:
"I think if you had reason/interrest to commit to ffmpeg and belived
 noone would revert it, then a policy or the oppionion of the other
 developers would likely not change your mind. After all they did not in
 mplayer either"

Now i agree with you mans, that the statement is still rude but my choices
are to either let the claim stand that there is no reason and my decission
was arbitrary. Or to lie. Or to say the truth, as rude as it may be.

I choose the last, if i offended anyone, iam sorry it was not intended.
But i dont see how i could reply truthfully otherwise.

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his
enemies for the hardest victory is over self. -- Aristotle