[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] replace some static with asm_visibility or so

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Mon Jan 28 13:51:28 CET 2008

Hello,
On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 07:12:46AM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 11:01:18AM +0000, Robert Swain wrote:
> [...]
> > Please, be polite and friendly. It really doesn't take that much time
> > and effort and I dare say it saves a whole lot and gains us more
> > support.
>
> I agree wholeheartedly with this post (including the long omitted
> part).

In some of these cases, especially if it is about reverting stuff that
fixes a long standing problem but in an ugly way, being as polite as
you should be IMO can be rather hard. In this case someone not involved
IMO would need to speak up early to avoid things going too far.
I have some doubts that we can organize it, but I guess someone doing a
bit of arbitration (possibly also off-list) might be a good idea.
If we want to improve things there are also other things everyone can
do. For example I have lately seen quite a few jokes about Diego's
spelling fixes (and no, not only from Michael) I really could not find
funny at all. Problem is, with email it's hard to know how it is meant,
so I decided to say nothing so far, but I wonder if that was the right
decision...