[FFmpeg-devel] regression - mpeg2 interlace/topfield flags not set anymore

Måns Rullgård mans
Mon Jan 28 12:30:19 CET 2008

Michel Bardiaux wrote:
> Diego Biurrun a ?crit :

>>> Is there an alternative to libbrokenos ?
>>
>> Report a bug to MinGW.  This is something you should do anyway.
>>
> Are we 100% sure strtod *should* accept 0x1234? On linux debian etch the
>   man page for strtod says this:
>
>         "A  hexadecimal  number consists of a ``0x'' or ``0X'' followed
> by a nonempty sequence of hexadecimal digits possibly con-
>         taining a radix character, optionally followed by a binary
> exponent. A binary exponent consists of a ``P'' or ``p'', fol-
>         lowed by an optional plus or minus sign, followed by a non-empty
> sequence of decimal digits, and indicates multiplication
>         by a power of 2.  At least one of radix character and binary
> exponent must be present."
>
> Seems to me 0x1234 is *not* legal since it contains neither radix nor
> binary exponent...
>
> Of course, man pages are not always the best source for standards!

The spec says this:

  The expected form of the subject sequence is an optional plus or minus
  sign, then one of the following:
  [...]
  - A 0x or 0X, then a non-empty sequence of hexadecimal digits optionally
    containing a radix character, then an optional binary exponent part

Clearly, they are both optional.

See also http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/strtod.html,
in particular the example at the end of the page.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com