[FFmpeg-devel] libavutil/integer.c

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Jan 27 19:06:48 CET 2008

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 05:42:50PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:
>
> > Hmm, I just noticed that libavutil/integer.c is not compiled into
> > libavutil/libavutil.a, but integer.h is an installed header and the
> > functions declared in that header file are in integer.c.
> >
> > Am I right in supposing this is just a (major) messup

> > and integer.c
> > should get compiled?

no, rather remove the header from the list of installed ones

> First of all, I'd like to ask what those files are for.  The functions
> are obviously unused...

IIRC they were used in av_rescale_rnd() but its solved without integer.* now.
If we ever end up needing integer.* for something else then that code under
#if 0 in av_rescale_rnd() could be resurrected as its smaller.

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated
form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty. -- Plato