[FFmpeg-devel] regression - mpeg2 interlace/topfield flags not set anymore

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Jan 27 01:57:34 CET 2008

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 01:26:40AM +0100, christophelorenz wrote:
> Ok, I found the source of the problem...
>
> When parsing flags, the flags values are represented internally as a
> number, passed as in a string.
>
> The problem is that the flags are represented as hex values 0x20140000
> while the other values are base 10.
> So when ff_eval2 wants to parse the flag number, it has to parse hex.
> Didn't go further into ff_eval2 but I can say that under linux it can
> parse hex but not under win32 : ff_eval2("0x20140000"....)=0
>
> So the fix is either make ff_eval2 work with hex under win32, or return
> the flags as base10 numbers.
>
> The base10 fix consist simply in a one line change in opt.c
> I can't tell if it can have other implication in the code however.

flags should be printed in hex or as a series of named constants
base10 is unreadable

No human being will ever know the Truth, for even if they happen to say it
by chance, they would not even known they had done so. -- Xenophanes