[FFmpeg-devel] allocation bug in ff_intrax8_common_init

Zdenek Kabelac zdenek.kabelac
Thu Jan 24 22:45:24 CET 2008

2008/1/24, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 05:55:17PM +0100, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
> > It looks like prediction_table  allocated in this function is not
> > being released.
> > Unsure if there is plan to write function to dealocate IntraX8Context
> > structure or if the vc1.c should check and release it itself ?
>
> intrax8 is used by more than vc1 so vc1 cannot free it
>

> > So leaving this solution to author ;)
>
> as your question has been awnsered, you can fix it yourself, no need to
> bother him

Well in the attachement is proposal patch - but it also looks like
ff_intrax8_common_init doesn't event check for successful allocation
and doesn't return error code if it fails - so I would suggest here a
change as well...

Zdenek