[FFmpeg-devel] Filtering clueless-user spam from the lists

Balatoni Denes dbalatoni
Wed Jan 23 21:36:37 CET 2008

Hi!

Wednesday 23 January 2008 02:07-kor Rich Felker ezt ?rta:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 01:44:13AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 07:43:35PM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
>
> > > All of these are trivial procmail recipes.
> >
> > yes, and ive even volunteered to write these recipes at some point in the
> > past
>
> Will these work?

I think this is not enough. The only solution is an FFmpeg SWAT team, that
constatntly monitors the lists, finds any offenders, and physically
eliminates them. There really is no other solution to a problem of such
proprortions (remember, we are talking about AT LEAST 1 occurence every week
here).

I think this can be financed from the donations to ffmpeg.

> # FIXME: reject mail properly
> dest=/dev/null
>
> # Handle embedded newlines followed by leading whitespace in headers
> tab="	"
> h_any="(.|^[ $tab])"
>
> :0
>
> * ^(To|Cc): $h_any*ffmpeg-devel