[FFmpeg-devel] Filtering clueless-user spam from the lists

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi
Wed Jan 23 13:06:57 CET 2008

Il Wednesday 23 January 2008 12:59:49 Robert Swain ha scritto:

> > IMO add discarding outlook users. Using outlook already indicates
> > a *proven* attitude to post messages in the wrong way.
> > Many other mail clients don't require admin permissions to
> > install and run, so there's no excuse to post here using outlook.
>
> I disagree, people should be able to use whatever client they like,
> as long as the client doesn't really mess up the e-mails. If said
> client consistently breaks threading and is not configurable to not
> break threading or something like that, then maybe that's fair.
> Excluding mails from a client because of some supposed mindset of
> its users seems like unreasonable discrimination to me. I don't
> think it's our place to force people to not use particular software
> if the software can be used properly. This is not a personal
> attack, just an attack on the idea. :)
>
> Rob

yet facts prove otherwise: just read the ML and the headers
of all broken mails. You won't be surprised to see outlook
in every user-agent header.
You are forgetting that WE are being discriminated by
idiot users that don't follow the rules and that try to impose
their mindset (actively trying to rediscuss the rules or
passively disregarding them) at someone else's home