[FFmpeg-devel] Support in Extended profile of H.264

Loren Merritt lorenm
Wed Jan 23 04:23:35 CET 2008

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Tom Winter wrote:

> Thank you for replying to my query , I was wondering what features of
> extended profile are supported in ffmpeg. I am trying to work with some
> error resiliences features of H.264 extended profile , I would appreciate if
> you can share info in this aspect.

ffh264 supports only main and high profiles. It does not support any of
the features of baseline or extended that aren't also in main. And the
same applies to every other h264 implementation I know of, aside from JM.
I haven't heard of anyone anywhere using extended profile, and when people
say baseline they mean the intersection of baseline and main.

--Loren Merritt