[FFmpeg-devel] [qt-faststart] Ever get "could not allocate 0x14 byte for ftyp atom"?

Kevin Campbell kevin.t.campbell
Fri Jan 18 03:18:56 CET 2008

Hello,

I am checking with people to see if anyone has ever gotten this error after
running qt-faststart.  I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out what
the problem may be and wondered if anyone knew of a starting point.  I'll
take anything!

*Error:*
*could not allocate 0x14 byte for ftyp atom*

*System:
*Linux (centos), gcc ~3.4, latest ffmpeg, latest qt-faststart, basically all
codec libraries (the movie comes out great with FFMPEG, it just wont stream
because I fear the MOOV atom is out of place).

*Example FFMPEG:
First Pass*
ffmpeg -i input.avi
     -an
     -pass 1
     -threads 2
     -vcodec libx264
     -b 512k -bf 3
     -subq 6
     -cmp 256
     -refs 5
     -qmin 10
     -qmax 51
     -qdiff 4
     -coder 1
     -loop 1
     -me hex
     -me_range 16
     -trellis 1
     -flags
        +mv4
     -flags2
        +bpyramid+wpred+mixed_refs+brdo+8x8dct
     -partitions parti4x4+parti8x8+partp4x4+partp8x8+partb8x8
     -g 250
     -keyint_min 25
     -sc_threshold 40
     -i_qfactor 0.71
output.mp4

*Second Pass:*
ffmpeg -i input.avi
     -acodec libfaac
     -ar 44100
     -ab 160k
     -pass 2
[...]

*QT-FASTSTART:
*qt-faststart output.mp4 newOutput.mp4

Please let me know if anything else is needed.

Kevin