[FFmpeg-devel] switching to git - eventually?

Olivier Galibert galibert
Fri Jan 11 14:09:32 CET 2008

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 12:29:30PM +0000, Robert Swain wrote:
> The only way I was considering it to cause harm was through making it
> more difficult to apply the patch. I want to make it as easy as
> possible for reviewers and committers, hence trying to obtain a diff
> closest to the output of `svn diff`. If it is acceptable with all the
> mail headers and diffstat info then I will submit patches simply using
> git-format-patch as this makes incremental patches really quite easy.

As far as I know, the headers (including diffstat) are correctly
ignored by patch(1).  Incidentally you're not required to use
format-patch.  git show, git diff may be more appropriate for what you
want.

  OG.