[FFmpeg-devel] Question on libbrokenos support

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Jan 9 12:17:52 CET 2008

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 11:48:32AM +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> [...]
> > And anyway, using #include_next would break the whole system. Just think what
> > would happen if a non gcc compiler would compile a file with
> > #include <sys/socket.h> ?
>
> I am currently looking at your cpp trick for locating the original header, and
> I'll post some results in few days.
> Here, I just want to clarify that my proposal about #include_next did not imply
> to install libos headers in standard paths: a user would have needed to specify
> "-I <libos install path>/..." to include such headers, so I think my proposal
> did not break the whole system.

hmm
theres also the option of using
gcc -include os_support.h
it would be simpler than #include_next with many headers, and would allow a
very simple solution for non gcc (#include "os_support.h") or even

echo '#include "os_support.h"' >tmp.c && cat $1 >>tmp.c && cc tmp.c -o tmp.o

Frequently ignored awnser#1 FFmpeg bugs should be sent to our bugtracker, user
questions for the command line tools ffmpeg, ffplay, ... as well as questions