[FFmpeg-devel] Question on libbrokenos support

Rich Felker dalias
Tue Jan 8 18:56:51 CET 2008

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 06:44:16PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 05:12:36PM +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
> [...]
> > > For headers with actual content, do a ln -s to
> > > _actualheadername.h or echo #include "_actualheadername.h" >>
> > > actualheadername.h where that _actualheadername.h is part of svn (in
> > > libos/*, again).
> > In this way, I prevent the inclusion of the header provided by the OS, no?
> > In the example above, I need to include the sys/socket.h from the OS for
> > having some definitions, and to provide some other definitions in
> > libbrokenos's header. Or are you saying that the configure can merge the
> > two headers, and libbrokenos can force the inclusion of this "merged header"?
> > That could be a solution; I'll think about it...
>
> What ronald meant i think is:
> /usr/local/include/sys/original_socket.h which is a
> symlink to /usr/include/sys/socket.h
>
> then you can just #include <sys/original_socket.h> to include the system header

Locating and making a symlink to the original header is both a lot
more difficult and a lot more nonportable than using #include_next.
As everyone knows I detest gccisms but I detest hacks like this just
as much..

Rich