[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Seeking in PVA files

Ivo ivop
Sat Jan 5 20:23:25 CET 2008

On Saturday 05 January 2008 18:44, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> av_seek_frame_binary() uses the index
> av_index_search_timestamp() is not correct unless you have indexed the
> whole file or at least a single continous area
>
> if you read the first 10% then seek to the end end agaib read 10% then
> av_index_search_timestamp() will not fail if you seek between these 2 but
> it will neither give you a reasonable result

I see. Basically read_seek if mostly for containers that have their own
index. I RTFS'd a bit more, which resulted in the attached patch. It also
includes the refactoring of mpeg.c so the pes ts code can be reused.

If ok, I will apply it in several confined steps.

--Ivo