[FFmpeg-devel] patch for DCA "floating point output" option

madshi dear
Fri Jan 4 13:36:50 CET 2008

Not sure whether the DCA maintainers will like this patch. But maybe
they will, so I'm posting it here just in case.

This patch adds optional floating point output to the DCA decoder. This
optional feature must be enabled at compile time by adding the following
switch to config.h:

#define CONFIG_AUDIO_NONSHORT 1

I'm using this solution in my eac3to tool because 16bit PCM just doesn't
cut it for a good audio transcoding tool. The idea for this option comes
from the MLP/TrueHD decoder which offers a similar feature.

Gr??e *?* Regards...

*Mathias Rauen*
Ernst-M?ller-Allee 10
Germany *?* 37520 Osterode