[FFmpeg-devel] libbrokenos

Dave Yeo daveryeo
Fri Jan 4 08:40:28 CET 2008

On 01/03/08 08:43 am, Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> since last iteration, I changed libossupport name in libbrokenos, I
> tried to correct all the #ifdefs using proper "HAVE_*" constants, I
> split the code in different files, and I (hopefully) integrated OS/2
> support.
> Thanks to all the people that contributed some feedback to the first
> libossuport prototype, and special thanks to Dave Yeo for testing it on
> OS/2 and providing a patch.
>
> Unless I screwed up something (I hope I correctly incorporated Dave
> Yeo's patch), libbrokenos can be compiled for OS/2 by simply editing
> config.mak and os_config.h. djgpp should be supported too (if the two
> mentioned files are filled with the proper values), and support for BeOS
> / haiku should be almost there (I say "almost" because I've not been
> able to build a proper cross-compiler, so I could not test it).
>
> mingw should work well (tested by cross-compiling from linux, and using
> wine to execute the resulting binary).
>
> The build and configure systems are still in a bad shape (all the files
> are always compiled, even if they result to be empty because of the
> #ifdefs, you have to hand-edit config.mak and os_config.h, etc...), but
> the library should be usable.
>
> usleep()'s prototype is still missing (I do not know where to put it).
>
> I did not move the *rint*() and round*() functions to libbrokenos yet (I
> think that can be done in a second time).
>
> How to use it:
> 1) download ffmpeg from svn, and apply the remove_ossupport-2.diff patch
> I previously posted
> 2) untar libbrokenos in /tmp, and edit config.mak and os_support.h
> 3) compile libbrokenos
> 4) configure ffmpeg to use libbrokenos. For mingw, I use
> ./configure --cross-compile --cross-prefix=i586-mingw32msvc-
> --enable-memalign-hack --target-os=mingw32 --extra-cflags="-I
> /tmp/libbrokenos" --extra-ldflags="-L /tmp/libbrokenos" --arch=x86_32
> --extra-libs="-lbrokenos -lws2_32"
> 5) finally, build ffmpeg. If something does not work, maybe you need to
> tune os_config.h
>
> People willing to help can test this library on non-linux systems, and
> send patches.
>

>                 Thanks,
>                     Luca
Well here is the complete patch for the changes for libbrokenos to
compile here. Mostly needed to add some more headers needed to compile
poll. Also got a parse error in getnameinfo so I looked up the freebsd
manpage
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=getnameinfo&sektion=3&apropos=0&manpath=FreeBSD+6.2-RELEASE)
and changed the DWORD to size_t.
Unluckily compiling FFmpeg is another matter, due to using the same
header names as the system uses there are conflicts and I get various
errors depending on how I arrange things. I think that any headers
included with libbrokenos should have unique names.
Dave