[FFmpeg-devel] libbrokenos

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Jan 3 17:43:20 CET 2008

Hi all,

since last iteration, I changed libossupport name in libbrokenos, I
tried to correct all the #ifdefs using proper "HAVE_*" constants, I
split the code in different files, and I (hopefully) integrated OS/2
support.
Thanks to all the people that contributed some feedback to the first
libossuport prototype, and special thanks to Dave Yeo for testing it on
OS/2 and providing a patch.

Unless I screwed up something (I hope I correctly incorporated Dave
Yeo's patch), libbrokenos can be compiled for OS/2 by simply editing
config.mak and os_config.h. djgpp should be supported too (if the two
mentioned files are filled with the proper values), and support for BeOS
/ haiku should be almost there (I say "almost" because I've not been
able to build a proper cross-compiler, so I could not test it).

mingw should work well (tested by cross-compiling from linux, and using
wine to execute the resulting binary).

The build and configure systems are still in a bad shape (all the files
are always compiled, even if they result to be empty because of the
#ifdefs, you have to hand-edit config.mak and os_config.h, etc...), but
the library should be usable.

usleep()'s prototype is still missing (I do not know where to put it).

I did not move the *rint*() and round*() functions to libbrokenos yet (I
think that can be done in a second time).

How to use it:
1) download ffmpeg from svn, and apply the remove_ossupport-2.diff patch
I previously posted
2) untar libbrokenos in /tmp, and edit config.mak and os_support.h
3) compile libbrokenos
4) configure ffmpeg to use libbrokenos. For mingw, I use
./configure --cross-compile --cross-prefix=i586-mingw32msvc-
--enable-memalign-hack --target-os=mingw32 --extra-cflags="-I
/tmp/libbrokenos" --extra-ldflags="-L /tmp/libbrokenos" --arch=x86_32
--extra-libs="-lbrokenos -lws2_32"
5) finally, build ffmpeg. If something does not work, maybe you need to
tune os_config.h

People willing to help can test this library on non-linux systems, and
send patches.

				Thanks,
					Luca