[FFmpeg-devel] Headers moving?

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Thu Jan 3 00:36:15 CET 2008

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 23:44:31 +0100
Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 08:25:08PM +0100, Diego 'Flameeyes' Petten? wrote:
> >
> > May I try to poke again about moving headers around so that crc.h can be
> > installed? I'd very much like to start using libavutil for xine-lib-1.2
> > (and replacing sha1, base64 and crc16/32 implementations from xine-lib).
>
> yes you may, what was the result of the last discussion?
> IIRC we were at
> * crc.h should be installed
> * we need to get rid of the non const static (=API change) before that or
>   there will be problems with at least x86_64 lavu-PIC + app-NOPIC on some
>   systems
>
> -> we either need to hardcode all CRC tables or use functions to return a
> pointer to them
> ideal would be if both were possible selectable with a ./configure switch

Hum... So you mean you want to have one function per CRC table
(similar to the patch I posted some times ago) ?
And also the hardcoded tables, if enabled in ./configure.
The functions returning tables pointer would always be
enabled, since they would be part of the API. And they
would obviously return either a generated or a harcoded
table depending on what was configured.

If that's what you want, I guess I will implement it.

Aurel