[FFmpeg-devel] Hauppauge HD-PVR Samples/Transport Support

Måns Rullgård mans
Thu Feb 28 22:10:41 CET 2008

"Robert McNamara" <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 11:59 AM, M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> wrote:
>
>> "Robert McNamara" <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > Hi Folks,
>> >
>> > I recently had a chance to take a look at a TS produced by the new
>> > Hauppauge HD PVR (HD Component Capture device with h.264/AAC Hardware
>> > Encoding).  A little birdie also told me that several of them had been
>> > uploaded to the incoming samples repository at mplayerhq.hu.  To get a
>> > bit more visibility, one of the samples is also at:
>> >
>> > http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4JN6XWCD
>> >
>> > It's a 9 Mbit CBR TS of h.264 video and AAC audio.  Ffmpeg is able to
>> > inspect the container, but not able to do anything useful with it so
>> > far.  I've managed to dump a few of the first frames with mplayer and
>> > they look amazing.  Based on the little info I've received, these
>> > files should be a slightly-nonstandard Mpeg-2 TS container that
>> > ffmpeg/libavcodec are currently unable to interpret.   I wonder if
>> > anyone has/will have an opportunity to look at these files?  I know
>>
>> Tell me a filename on our ftp, and I'll have a look.
>
> I'm not certain that all of the files were uploaded successfully, but they
> were put in a directory named appropriately (Hauppauge_hd_pvr).  The file
> I've got is hcw_hd_pvr_1080i_h264_cap04.ts.  If I had to guess I would
> imagine cap01, 02, 03, and 05 would be the others.

There is nothing wrong with those files AFAICT (I don't have a strict
MPEG TS checker at hand), and FFmpeg handles them without a glitch.

> Thanks for looking into this!  I'm definitely not the only one
> psyched about the potential of this box.

I wasn't very impressed by the quality of those clips, but the source
could have been bad for all I know.

Oh, and don't top-post.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd