[FFmpeg-devel] OSX Leopard MMX Support - Clarification ?

Alexander Strange astrange
Wed Feb 27 20:55:57 CET 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 5:24 PM, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:09:00PM +0100, GizmoSDK wrote:
>  > Is the FFMPeg project going to solve the mmx issue with leopard or
>  > will they require Apple to fix the compiler ?
>
>  Most likely the latter.  Besides, I don't remember any real attempt to
>  solve the issue in another way.

We worked around it locally by changing MANGLE to "m" constraints (and
disabling encoders and CAVS), but I know that would be rejected here.
Anyway,  there's no way to work around PIC being so slow on
Darwin/i386.

>  Do you know if Apple is already aware of the problem?

They are, and I think it might even be fixed soon. Of course, I don't
have any details.