[FFmpeg-devel] Google Summer of Code 2008

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Tue Feb 26 11:50:16 CET 2008

Andreas Setterlind wrote:
> I like to propose VA API (Video Acceleration API) implementation into FFmpeg
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Acceleration_API
> Maybe you could even ask the author, Jonathan Bian (from Intel) to mentor it?
>

> On 2/25/08, Benjamin Larsson <banan at ludd.ltu.se> wrote:
>> What we need now is a list of good projects and qualification tasks
>
> I would also like to suggest SSE4 SIMD optimizations as a valid
> qualification task:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE4

I'd generalize and put in the mix also Altivec/VMX as qualification task
and SPU optimizations as SoC task.

Maybe also other simd extension (arm ones?) could fit the bill.

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member