[FFmpeg-devel] MG1264 / LML26415 H264 video samples / issues

Vassili Leonov vleo
Tue Feb 26 09:18:46 CET 2008

Hi,

I've tried playing back full rate / full resolution PAL mp4 contained
H264 stream captured by Mobilygen's MG1264 based LML26415 card with this
version of ffplay built from SVN few days ago:

FFplay version SVN-r12129, Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et
al.
  configuration: --enable-libx264 --enable-gpl
  libavutil version: 49.6.0
  libavcodec version: 51.50.1
  libavformat version: 52.7.0
  libavdevice version: 52.0.0
  built on Feb 18 2008 01:16:28, gcc: 4.1.2 20070626 (Red Hat 4.1.2-13)

And I want to announce that I was able to view the video!
Congratulations to ffmpeg team, since when we started LML2641x project
development ffmpeg was not compatible with MG1264 interlaced H264
format, that what the error USED to be:

[h264 @ 0x5ca1184]PAFF interlacing is not implemented

but it's still not good enough, on D1 interlaced clips the video is
jumping from frame to frame, seems like P-frames are not decoded.
And on others I'm getting additional errors, and it's still P-frame
only:

[h264 @ 0x84d7970]P sub_mb_type 28 out of range at 38 10
[h264 @ 0x84d7970]error while decoding MB 38 10
[h264 @ 0x84d7970]P sub_mb_type 4 out of range at 15 7
[h264 @ 0x84d7970]error while decoding MB 15 7
[h264 @ 0x84d7970]P sub_mb_type 5 out of range at 10 6
[h264 @ 0x84d7970]error while decoding MB 10 6
etc. etc.

seems that only I-frames are actually decoded

Please check it - here are the links to the clips:

http://linuxmedialabs.com/samples/MG1264/LML26415_D1_PAL.mp4

http://linuxmedialabs.com/samples/MG1264/Cam_PAL_D1_inter_Field_25fps_2.5MBS.mp4

Now - when it comes to CIF resolution, there are NO problems - video is
smooth, no error messages:

http://linuxmedialabs.com/samples/MG1264/DVDCIF_500k_50GOP.mp4

So, seems that PAFF interlacing is still not without problems.

Will be very happy to hear any comments/suggestions.

vleo at linuxmedialabs.com

Vassili Leonov
LML LLC +1-719-359-5330
Motion video hardware solutions for GNU/Linux
vleo at linuxmedialabs.com http://linuxmedialabs.com