[FFmpeg-devel] Suggestion: revert r12154

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Mon Feb 25 16:03:49 CET 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 09:53:44PM +0800, mvplayer wrote:
> Do you mean msvs is not a C compiler?

Thing is, there are two possibilities:
1) There actually is something in our code that does not comply to the C
standard. If so, report the exact point of the problem, preferably
citing the exact part of the C standard that applies.
2) Your compiler does not comply with the C standard. Then you should
preferably get it fixed ASAP, esp. if it is a failure that can cause not
only compile- but also runtime errors.
Workarounds are of course possible as well, but they must be clean,
simple, not break functionality etc.

> r12154 introduce more complicated code, why do you submit the dirty so
> called "clean up " modifications

A majority (honestly including me) seems to be in favour of the more
complicated code since it helps avoid mistakes.
Also if you find that code so horribly complicated you could have spoken
up during the review like other have, now it is a bit late to discuss
about "ugly" or "complicated"...

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger