[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] drop support for using libav* compiled with mingw/cygwin in msvc

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Mon Feb 25 15:08:03 CET 2008

Hi all,

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
[...]
>> I was already mildly against this change
>> before it was commited though i left it to mans to decide. Now as it
>> breaks use of libav* under msvc iam more strongly against it ...
>>
>> Anyway, my vote is to revert it. Theres no advantage in this commit and
>> it breaks what was supported and also documented as such in the docs.
>
> The advantage has already been presented and agreed with by several
> people.

I did not look at the details of the change, but I am wondering if there
is some way to have these advantages without breaking support for msvc...

				Luca