[FFmpeg-devel] Suggestion: revert r12154

mvplayer ffmpeg
Mon Feb 25 11:26:51 CET 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 6:13 PM, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 05:43:52PM +0800, mvplayer wrote:
> > Dear:
> >
> > I strongly suggest to revert r12154
> >
> > "Clean up lib* version definitions
> > Updating version numbers now requires changing only one place."
> >
> > The modifications break Visual C++ links to libav* libs
>
> Haven't we talked about the subject a million times before?  If it ever
> worked for you under MSVC, it was pure luck, nothing more.  It was never
> a supported configuration...
>
> Sure, FFmpeg fails to be compiled directly by MSVC

It is not the issue of CONFIGURATION!!
I use MinGW to compile FFmpeg, and the avcodec.dll/avformat.dll/avutil.dll...
should be linked by MSVC++!

avutil.h is a public file which should not contain any gcc specification
definition!