[FFmpeg-devel] [Hardware Accelerator for Video and Audio]

Benjamin Zores ben
Thu Feb 21 09:44:25 CET 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 4:00 AM, kenye ye <kenyeby at gmail.com> wrote:

>    Would you describe which is ways  what you want,  how it works ?
>    That will help us to decide PCIe  or USB  version, which is the first
>  one.
>    In our opinion, USB version would be better in first stage becasue it is
>  more popular.

Will also consumes most resources.
If you plan on adding it on laptops or small form PCs/HTPCs, it's also
easier having it in PCI(e) format imho.

>   It will handle video display in first stage. we try to accelerate more
>  actions.
>   Do you need to handle the output ?

I'm thinking of this from a usability point of view.
It's a bit annoying when you have a display dedicated to videos.
How and where is rendered the GUI/WM/anything_else_that_is_not_video ?

>  > I'd personnally be much more interested in the first approach.
>  > That's also the approach taken by VaAPI IIRC.
>
>    What is  VaAPI IIRC ?

See previous mails.
You even told you are going to contact the author :-)

Ben

--
"My life, and by extension everyone else's is meaningless."
Bender, Futurama